By using JL Engineering’s websites or products, software or other electronic or web-based services (collectively referred to as the “Service”), you agree to the following terms and conditions. Your continued access or use of the Service shall be deemed your acceptance of this Legal Disclaimer.
All material including any link to other sites and content found at linked sites is provided “as is” and without any express or implied warranties including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Due to the nature of the Internet, JL Engineering does not warrant that access to the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. JL Engineering does not warrant or make any representations regarding the usefulness of or the expected results of the material contained on the Service. Note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Please check your local laws for any such restrictions.
All material appearing on JL Engineering Services is copyright JL Engineering and its respective authors, except where noted.
Without explicit indication to the contrary, no permission is given to copy, print duplicate or use material appearing in these Services.
If you believe that we have incorrectly used material which is your copyright, please contact the webmaster (email@example.com) and we shall be pleased to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
The product descriptions, if any, provided on the website are for informational purposes only and are subject to change.
Links to JL Engineering Website
JL Engineering grants a nonexclusive, limited permission to the owners of other web sites to link to JL Engineering websites using text links. Such link shall not (a) suggest that JL Engineering promotes or endorses any third party’s causes, web sites, products or services, or (b) be used or associated with any inflammatory, pornographic, defamatory or unlawful site or materials in any way, or in any manner that would disparage or adversely affect the name, reputation and goodwill of JL Engineering and its products and services.
JL Engineering retains and reserves all rights to its domain names, trade names, trademarks and logos, copyrights and all other intellectual property. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Linking Site Owners shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless JL Engineering from and against all liability, demands, claims, suits, losses, damages, infringement of proprietary rights, causes of action, fines, or judgments (including costs, attorneys’ and witnesses’ fees, and expenses incident thereto), arising out of their failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this section.
Links to Other Sites
While using the Services, you may access certain non-JL Engineering websites or content. JL Engineering neither reviews, controls nor endorses the content and accuracy of any non-JL Engineering websites or other material, and therefore will not be responsible for their content and accuracy. Your access to non-JL Engineering websites and non-JL Engineering content is at your sole risk.
Other websites on the Internet may contain unedited, sexually explicit, violent, racist or other types of material, which may be offensive to you. Please access other websites at your own discretion.
Viruses, Worms, Use of Files
JL Engineering cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for purchasing and downloading from the Service are free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. JL Engineering does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to the files available for purchasing and downloading from the Service. In no event will JL Engineering be liable to you or to anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance on results obtained from use of files purchased or downloaded from the Service. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any reason is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from JL Engineering.
Social Networking Media
Your use of social networking media, including but not limited to participation in or use of blogs, threaded discussions, message boards and wikis (“Social Media”), is conditioned upon your compliance with the following:
1. Do not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, racist, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information. This includes, without limitation, any transmissions that are or that encourage illegal conduct. This ban includes anything that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
2. Never post or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, using sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs or rude or deliberately offensive comments.
3. Do not engage in disruptive activity online, including excessive use of scripts, sound waves or scrolling (repeating the same message over and over).
4. Do not post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes the rights of others. This prohibition includes material that constitutes an invasion of privacy or publicity rights permission from the owner.
5. Never post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties.
6. Do not post any information, software or other material for commercial purposes.
7. Do not solicit other users to join or contribute money to any online service or other organization, or advocate or attempt to persuade users to join in legal or illegal schemes.
8. Never pretend to be any other person or entity. Site users also may not falsely represent their professional or other affiliation with any person or entity.
9. Do not use the Service to collect personally identifiable information in violation of the policies contained in the JL Engineering Privacy Information Policies.
You agree that JL Engineering, at our sole and absolute discretion, determines whether any information transmitted or received violates this provision.
You also agree to indemnify and hold JL Engineering and our employees, officers, directors, owners and agents harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by a third party arising from any information or material you contribute to the Social Media you access via the Service.
JL Engineering has no obligation to monitor Social Media. But we reserve the right to monitor any and all information transmitted or received through the Service. JL Engineering may examine, record, copy and use any information on the Service in accordance with JL Engineering Privacy Information Practices. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, from Social Media.
When using the Service or Social Media, please be certain that anything you disclose does not compromise your personal safety. Please don’t provide your name, phone number, social security number or any other personally identifying information to people you do not know. Don’t continue any conversation online that makes you feel uncomfortable. Protect your safety and privacy.
Engineering Calculations Disclaimer
Updates and Reverse Engineering
By using the Service, you agree to receive any applicable software updates that may be issued from time to time by JL Engineering. You agree to accept and install such updates as part of your use of the Service. You also agree not to reverse engineer, modify, decompile, adapt, translate, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Service and/or any JL Engineering application.
Limitation of Liability
You agree by accessing the Service that under no circumstances or any theories of liability under international or civil, common or statutory law including but not limited to strict liability, negligence or other tort theories or contract, patent or copyright laws, will JL Engineering be liable for damages of any kind occurring from the use of the Service or any information, goods or services obtained on the Service including direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages (even if JL Engineering has been advised of the possibility of such damages), to the fullest extent permitted by law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages so some of these limitations may not apply to you.
Changes and Applicable Law
We reserve the right to make changes to the Service and our Legal Disclaimer. We encourage you to review the Service and these terms periodically for any updates or changes. Your continued access or use of the Service shall be deemed your acceptance of these Legal Disclaimers and any changes and the reasonableness of these standards for notice of changes. Use of the Service and purchases of products from the Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between you and JL Engineering will be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Toronto, Ontario Canada. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Terms Of Download
Download of JL Engineering Services is for the sole use of the individual user, with one download permitted per purchase. Due to the nature of JL Engineering Services all purchases and downloads are final and non-refundable.
Downloads of JL Engineering Services may include security technology which ensures that the Services may only be used in accordance with the usage rules under which the Services is made available, which usage rules JL Engineering reserves the right to amend at any time. Where such technology is used users are prohibited from circumventing, or attempting to circumvent such technology or assisting any third party in doing the same.
The Services made available for download is protected by national and international intellectual property laws.
As between JL Engineering and users of the Service all intellectual property rights in and to the Service shall be the exclusive property of JL Engineering. Accessing the Service and downloading content will not grant to any user any copyright ownership interest in the Service and/or any trade marks incorporated in the Service and/or featured on the Website.
Users may not attempt, represent, or purport to transfer to any third party any rights of ownership in or to any of the Services and content.
Engineering Calculations Disclaimer
JL Engineering spreadsheet calculations are intended solely for general information and educational purposes, and are meant to facilitate learning and foster efficiency in the engineering field and to give experienced engineers additional reference tools to demonstrate how to perform calculations easier and faster.
The spreadsheet calculations provided are not intended in any way as engineering advice or services, or as a solicitation for any engineering product or service. Any results from use of these calculators may not be applicable or accurate and cannot be relied upon for anything, including, without limitation, engineering designs or decisions, and should not be the basis for any construction documents.
These engineering calculations are in no way a replacement for a thorough engineering review or design. A professional engineer, licensed in the appropriate field of engineering, should always conduct a formal evaluation under all circumstances. Neither JL Engineering, nor, where applicable, its owners, parent, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents and employees is responsible for any engineering review or evaluation, or any design or the performance thereof. All responsibility and risks for the use of these engineering calculations, its assumptions and data rely entirely on the user.
These engineering calculators are provided “as is” and JL Engineering specifically disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose.
In no event shall JL Engineering be liable for any injury, expenses, profits, loss or damage, whether direct, incidental, or consequential, or any other pecuniary loss or expense arising out of the use or inability to use these engineering calculations, even if JL Engineering is expressly advised of the possibility thereof.
Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any claim related in any way to this engineering calculations shall be to stop using it.
If, despite the language herein, JL Engineering becomes liable to you for anything arising out of or related in any way to your access, use or inability to use these engineering calculators, then JL Engineering total liability to you shall not exceed $10 (ten U.S. dollars).
JL Engineering does not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations regarding the use, or the results of use, of these calculations or accompanying information in terms of its accuracy, validity, completeness, applicability, or compliance with any regulatory code or governmental laws and regulations. Use of these calculations and information involves risks, and the entire risk as to the results and performance of the calculations and accompanying information is your own responsibility and liability. If the software or accompanying information is defective, you, and not JL Engineering or, where applicable, its owners, parent, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents and employees assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction.
Use of all or part of the code for these engineering calculations on any other web site or company intranet, for either personnel or commercial use, without written permission from JL Engineering is strictly prohibited.
Privacy of Information Policy
This Privacy Notice applies to the operations of JL Engineering. At JL Engineering we respect your right to privacy and value the trust you have placed in us. We are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of our customers’ personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to all the information we collect from you through JL Engineering websites or products, software or other electronic or web-based services (collectively referred to as the “Service”), and from which you are accessing this Privacy notice.
Consent to Use JL Engineering Services
By providing personal information to us through JL Engineering Service you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Notice, please do not provide personal information through JL Engineering Services.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide through our Services, including:
1. Name, address, and birthdate
2. Other contact information such as email address and/or text address
3. Credit or debit card number
4. Social security or similar national ID number
5. Geolocation information
6. Social media account IDs
We may supplement the information you submit to us online with:
1. Other personal information we have about you, including information from our affiliates and vendors
2. Information that we obtain about you from public and non-public records
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information you provide when you visit or use our Services to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information and to enhance your experience with us. These uses include:
1. Completing payment transactions
2. Processing updates
3. Sending you information about related engineering services and resources that will benefit your engineering skills
4. Sending administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
5. Providing and improving customer services, including through email or text communications, or any chat or similar feature available through our services
6. Sending marketing information we think may be of interest to you
7. Providing a quote for one or more of our products
8. Sending you surveys
9. Authenticating or confirming your identity when you return to your JL Engineering accounts online
10. Conducting our business, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
11. Taking any action that we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to investigate, prevent and detect illegal activities; (b) under applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence; (c) to comply with legal process; (d) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (e) to enforce our Terms or Service and Privacy Notice (f) to protect our operations or those of our affiliates; (g) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
12. Other purposes specifically disclosed at the time we request your information
How We Share Personal Information
Sharing with Third Parties
1. We work with third parties that provide services to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services. We may share your personal information with them so they can provide those services
2. We may share personal information with third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, if you have opted in to such sharing
3. We will share any personal information you provide on our Services for the purposes stated on the page where we collected the information and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
We may share your information in other limited circumstances, including:
1. Complying with applicable laws, including laws outside your country of residence
2. Responding to requests from government or public authorities or otherwise cooperating with authorities pursuant to a legal matter, including authorities outside your country of residence
3. Responding to matters of personal or public safety
4. In litigation, investigations, and other legal matters where the data is pertinent
5. Investigating security incidents
6. In the event of the sale or transfer of JL Engineering or some of our assets, or in the context of similar business negotiations
7. To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services
8. Enforcing our Terms of Services
Anonymous and Aggregate Information
1. JL Engineering may aggregate personal information so that it does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate personal information to analyze the percentage of our users who have a particular area code)
2. JL Engineering may remove personally identifiable information to create anonymous data
3. JL Engineering uses and shares anonymous and aggregate information for historical, statistical, or business planning purposes. Additionally, we may use and share this information for any purpose except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat this information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use it as described above in “Other Information,” as well as for the purposes for which we use and share information
Our Online Privacy Notice for Children
1. Our Services are not directed to or intended for children
2. JL engineering does not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of 13 in compliance with laws protecting the privacy of children
Our Data Protection and Security Policy
We take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information transmitted between visitors and the Services and the personal information stored on our service providers.
Unfortunately, no method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us through, or in connection with, the Site. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
JL Engineering maintains profiles and/or pages on various social media Services including Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to “Like” JL Engineering Calculations on Facebook, “Follow” JLECalc on Twitter , “Follow” jlecalc on Instagram, or take any other similar action on another social media site, you are providing your consent to receive information updates, including solicitations, from JL Engineering. To stop receiving this information from JL Engineering on a social media site, you must follow the procedure established by the site. For example, on Facebook, you must click “Unlike” on JL Engineering Calculations page, on Twitter, you must click “Unfollow” on JLECalc profile, on Instagram you must click “Unfollow” on jlecalc profile.
Cross Border Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including the United States. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence which may have different data protection rules than your country. JL Engineering does not represent or warrant that the Service are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Service, do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
1. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time
2. We will post the revised Privacy Notice on our websites or announce the change on the home page of the website
3. You can determine when we revised the Privacy Notice by referring to revision date at the bottom of the notice
4. Any changes will become effective when we post the Privacy Notice on our website. By continuing to use the Service following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes
5. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, in whole or in part, you can choose to not continue to use the Service
Online Communication Practice
If you email us, please do not include information you want to keep private. It is possible that your e-mail communication may be accessed or viewed inappropriately by another Internet user while in transit to us. If you wish to send us information that you want to keep completely private, please use a method other than e-mail.
Other Online Communications
We may send you electronic newsletters, information about products or services we offer, and other marketing communications. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom or each email.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related e-mails from us, we may still need to send you important administrative message, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice please feel free to Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised September 15, 2016.